[olug] Today's recommendations for a beginner

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Tue Jun 6 08:00:56 CDT 2023

Sounds reasonable to me. Although, maybe we can recommend a curriculum.
I would suggest learning to do these things, in this order:

- Install Linux

- Get used to the file system and associated commands

- Create user accounts

- Change user passwords

- Install updates

- Manage the firewall

That's how I'd start; that's, what, a day or two of learning. But if you
can learn to do those things, you'll be well on your way to running
Linux effectively.