[olug] Today's recommendations for a beginner

Tim Larson telrsn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 07:54:56 CDT 2023

On 1/28/23 7:34 AM, Dan Linder wrote:
> A friend of mine at work is peripherally involved in our it work, but at a
> security and essentially non-technical role. They are interested in
> learning more about Linux, and possibly dipping their toes into
> programming. They asked me for suggestions on learning material I would
> suggest.

My suggestion is the learn-by-doing route. If you're not using FOSS
alternatives on your current platform, why not? That's very likely what
you'll be using if you jump into Linux, so lessen the transition
headache by getting accustomed to them now. To some this may seem
obvious, but I thought I'd say it anyway.

--
Tim Larson πŸ“šπŸ”­πŸŽΈπŸΉπŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ