[olug] Which Asterisk?

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Sun Jun 24 21:50:18 UTC 2007

On Sunday 24 June 2007 16:30, Neal R wrote:
>    Whats the difference between them and Cisco? The Cisco stuff seems
> slicker and sturdier than the Snom gear ...

In my experience, Cisco stuff is generally "looks nice, has a huge reputation,
but sucks a lot in reality"-- especially when it comes to their phones. The
SIP firmware tends to be the "we make it because we have to" and doesn't get
the attention that the SCCP firmware does.

That said, at work we use only Cisco IP phones (and I'm the one stuck
supporting them). So I can't comment on Snom or other products-- for all I
know they could be even worse, but I tend to doubt it.