[olug] Linux, Networks and NFS/NIS

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Jun 27 13:27:31 UTC 2003

I can't think of what problems it might cause.  Linux was built almost from
the ground up to be a networked OS and is pretty well behaved with regards
to network traffic.  Providing it's not misconfigured I would say there
would be zero impact on a well configured network.

I don't know if it would help you but we have probably half a dozen
"production" Linux boxes here and we've never had a traffic problem traced
back to them.

Perhaps she could better articulate her concerns?

Bill

                      "Mac Petras"
                      <Mac at PetrasWeb.co        To:       <olug at olug.org>
                      m>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [olug] Linux, Networks and NFS/NIS
                      olug-bounces at olug
                      .org

                      06/27/2003 08:14
                      AM