[olug] take this poll

Dave Burchell burchell at inebraska.com
Wed Feb 26 15:53:30 UTC 2003

Carl Lundstedt says:

> On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 01:09, Brian Roberson wrote:
> > I urge you ALL to vite.... lets put this Unix Tip issue to rest... I left a comment there as well on
> > my viewpoint--
> >

> > http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=18&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
> I know that I'm just a "mailing list member" but I agree with your
> comments on the poll.  It's not like I really like the "Unix Tips", but
> it is VERY insightful and informative when someone else posts "I would
> NEVER do this, I'd do...." or "There is a much easier way to do this..."
> or even "Is this even useful, can't you just..."
>
> Just subscribing to the Unix tips mailer would just get me the tips, no
> discussion.

I would encourage people who subscribe to the Unix Tips to forward them
to the OLUG list with their comments or questions about the tip if they
have any.  In this way, those who subscribe to the tips will act as a
sort of a filter on the tips, only forwarding and commenting on the
interesting ones.

--
Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619