[OLUG] Learning and classes (was Re: [OLUG] graphical symbolic debugger)

Dave Burchell burchell at inetnebr.com
Mon Feb 14 06:26:26 UTC 2000

Mike Hostetler says:
> K&R was what we used for my infamous C class.  I couldn't make heads or tails of it, so I
> can't recommend it.

I've heard this from so many people -- there must be some truth it in.
I don't know why I like K&R; just what I started out with I guess.
Also, I learned C after programming in BASIC, assembler, and Pascal;
this may have made it easier for me to learn from K&R.

> Personally, I use "C: A Reference Manual" by Harrison and Steele to help out when
> the Cow Book gets vague.

I like this one too.

--
Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619