[OLUG] Learning and classes (was Re: [OLUG] graphical symbolic debugger)

Chris Garrity m0ntar3 at home.com
Mon Feb 14 07:15:14 UTC 2000

	After I got a good hold of C++ and OO (three semester's courses using
C++ and some independent work), I read K&R's 2nd Edition... damn glad I
did (now for those exercises, egats!).  I find nearly everything that
I've taken at UNO has been OO, even in the first semester they jumped
into building classes.  It's not all bad, it's made some things (like
Jave) easier to pick up.  Except most of my classmates are lost when it
comes to first semester Operating Systems because they don't know 'Pure
C'.  K&R's book is just that, 'Pure C'.

_chris