[olug] Google changes to free

Jay Hannah jay.hannah at iinteractive.com
Thu Feb 17 14:11:11 CST 2022

+1 for Fastmail, since if Google is booting jays.net <http://jays.net/> (4 people have personal email accounts there) then I’m finally motivated to support the company where the CTO is a former Perl pump-king and great guy, and another former (Perly) co-worker of mine also works there. If I’m going to throw money somewhere, it’ll be to them, not Google.  :)

https://twitter.com/Fastmail/status/1485717645035032582 <https://twitter.com/Fastmail/status/1485717645035032582>

That said, $5/user/month is going to be $240/year in my case? When I can maybe set up email redirects via my NIC (directnic.com) for $0/year, like Ben suggested?

JAPH
Just Another Perl (Golang, Python, PL/pgSQL) Hacker