[olug] Fails Over, but does Not Fail Back

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 19:35:01 CDT 2021

Jay, I've never seen it either.   However, I have seen
-Retailer S:  spent a team to Maryland to do their first DR exercise for
several years.   Got stuck in a blizzard en route and had to cancel.
-Retailer G: Who built a pretty comprehensive plan, but decided that a
tabletop exercise was good enough.

It was good times.  :)

DT

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 5:13 PM Jay Hannah <jay.hannah at iinteractive.com>
wrote:

> I remain amazed that a lifetime ago Dave and I (and others) actually
> unplugged our primary datacenter twice a year to make sure our Disaster
> Recovery plan ACTUALLY worked.
>
> Since then I've been at... 5(?) HUGE companies, ZERO of which have done
> *actual* DR trials... ever.
>
> Good times,   :)

Dave Thacker