[olug] at my wits end...

Anthony Kava karver at forensic.coffee
Thu Mar 4 17:50:52 CST 2021

I spent about a decade using Bacula at work.  Had lots of experience with a
few dozen Windows clients, Linux clients, and even wrote some Perl-based
automation to go client-less auto-snapshotting SAN volumes, mounting them,
and backing them up.  Perhaps I can help.  Do you want to share your client
config (sans passwords)?

P.S. I'm in the Discord now if you get in there.  I'm karver#3900.

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 5:33 PM Noel Leistad <noel at metc.net> wrote:

> I'd take a discord invite if also deemed worthy...
>
> Next:
>
> I have installed bacula community edition on a system, have it storing
> to a NAS. I have it WORKING doing backups of 6 Linux clients and even
> tested the restores on a couple of those endpoints.
>
> I'm TRYING, TRYING, TRYING to get a Windows client configured. NO JOY!!!
>
> I've done the Bacula PDF manual, I've watched YouTubes (mostly in
> English, but even in Portugese which I don't understand). I've followed
> a setup at labeightfour.com, ithierarchy.com and others, searched Google
> repeatedly.
>
> bconsole (and therefore bacula-dir/bacual-fd) refuse to talk to the
> client and so, no backups.
>
> While I know we're more "hobby" than work, IF I could get it working,
> I'd take it to work and use it their on co-worker workstations.
>

> Anybody here been successful?  (I believe) I have followed the steps to
> the letter, regarding password combos, Windows Firewall "allow program".
>
> I'd sleep much better if I could get just ONE M$ machine to start working.
>

> Thanks.
>
> Noel

Kava