[olug] at my wits end...

Noel Leistad noel at metc.net
Thu Mar 4 17:30:50 CST 2021

I'd take a discord invite if also deemed worthy...

Next:

I have installed bacula community edition on a system, have it storing
to a NAS. I have it WORKING doing backups of 6 Linux clients and even
tested the restores on a couple of those endpoints.

I'm TRYING, TRYING, TRYING to get a Windows client configured. NO JOY!!!

I've done the Bacula PDF manual, I've watched YouTubes (mostly in
English, but even in Portugese which I don't understand). I've followed
a setup at labeightfour.com, ithierarchy.com and others, searched Google
repeatedly.

bconsole (and therefore bacula-dir/bacual-fd) refuse to talk to the
client and so, no backups.

While I know we're more "hobby" than work, IF I could get it working,
I'd take it to work and use it their on co-worker workstations.

Anybody here been successful?  (I believe) I have followed the steps to
the letter, regarding password combos, Windows Firewall "allow program".

I'd sleep much better if I could get just ONE M$ machine to start working.

Thanks.

Noel