[olug] The twitter feed

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 22:20:57 CST 2021

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:03 PM Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T <jeffh at dundeemt.com>
wrote:

> +1 open source
> +1 self hosted (given recent events, relying on the largess of others is a
> recipe for disaster)

If a member posted something normally protected by 230, but it was
repealed, we would be in trouble.

If members organized a plot to kidnap and seriously threaten executions, we
would be luck if LEO knocked.

I am all for free speech, but with freedom, comes responsibility.

> maybe go retro - irc, usenet and gopher? ;)

irc :)

I see that Element  supports irc.