[olug] Employers Wanting RHCSA Trained Candidates

Matthew G. Marsh olug4mgm at paktronix.com
Tue Feb 16 12:45:41 CST 2021

I will ask a few businesses I know to see if they would be willing to
say they are interested. I do know at least one is likely but could not
and likely would not be hiring for a few years at least.

Do you have a link/more information that I can pass on regarding the
requirements for the business?

Thanks!

mgm

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021, Matt Payne wrote:

> Jared - Neat!  I had not heard of https://www.dol.gov/agencies/eta/wioa
> before (blush).  Is https://mccneb.edu/gap part of that?
>
> Does MCC help recruit clearable students for government contractors to
> potentially hire?
>
> Thanks --Matt Payne
>
> [1]
> https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-to-be-clearable-versus-no-clearance-when-selecting-an-answer-to-a-job-questionnaire-re-security-clearances
>

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 2:43 PM Jared Bernard <jared.bernard at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry if this is OT.
>>
>> Metro has an opportunity to get WIOA and GAP funding for Red Hat Academy
>> (RHCSA) training which would provide individuals who currently can't afford
>> it an opportunity to get certified.
>>
>> One condition to getting this funding requires at least 2-3 local employers
>> to acknowledge that they *may* be interested in students coming from that
>> program. There is absolutely *NO obligation* for that employer to hire or
>> interview. MCC would simply inform the businesses when students have
>> completed the program. This will probably happen once or twice a year.
>> Again, *NO obligation* to hire or interview.
>>
>> If your employer or if you know of any employer that may be interested
>> please let me know and I can provide other details.
>>
>> I'm really passionate about this. There are so many people trying to get
>> the skills to work in IT, or trying to move up in their career or change
>> careers and these programs can help.
>> If you have any questions, please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jared Bernard
> --
> --Matt Payne