[olug] VGA pass-through using Xen

Ben Hollingsworth obiwan at jedi.com
Tue Jun 9 13:24:22 CDT 2020

I'd like to set up a virtual Windows box running on my Debian stretch
host (4.9 kernel).  On that windows box, I'd like to run some CAD
programs (not games) that require good 3D graphics support.

Have any of you ever run Xen (or similar inexpensive environment) with
VGA pass-through?  How well does it work?  Is the 3D rendering responsive?

This is a business computer, so VMware doesn't qualify as an
"inexpensive environment."

--
*Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth* obiwan at jedi.com <mailto:obiwan at jedi.com>
www.Jedi.com <http://www.jedi.com>