[olug] sudo vs root differences: Botched npm Update Crashes Linux Systems, Forces Users to Reinstall

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 19:44:49 CST 2018

Interesting in that the following problem effects users who use sudo, but
not root itself.  I could see ENV variables differences have an effect on
program logic.

I would love to delve into this right now but VisualBasic6 software wont
let me.    Oh, the troubles i have seen.

Botched npm Update Crashes Linux Systems, Forces Users to Reinstall
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/linux/botched-npm-update-crashes-linux-systems-forces-users-to-reinstall/

p.s.  Would also like to have an angle on this to convince others that all
JavaScript in my browser must be EV level digitally signed.