[olug] any WordPress whizzes on board?

Justin Reiners justin at hotlinesinc.com
Fri Dec 7 15:27:31 CST 2018

I own https://reiners.tech, feel free to hit me up if you need some help.

I do quite a bit of WordPress, Joomla hosting for businesses, those clever
workarounds work better than many plugins, which can also backfire.

Normally when I install WordPress and move a site, I'll just copy the
apache .conf file, and move the entire webroot to the new server, and
`chown apache:apache /var/www/html`  to Apache, and move the DB if need be.

Moving things via command line is not really a clever workaround, it's just
how Linux works. If you use a plugin, you have to rely on it being both
compatible with your version of WordPress, as well as coded right.

Command line works 100% of the time for me. YMMV but I'd love to help if
you need it.