[olug] Idea for Oct OLUG meeting - Security Step 1

Adam Haeder adam at adamhaeder.com
Tue Sep 5 10:24:57 CDT 2017

I'm the officiate for the Oct and Nov OLUG meetings, and I'm thinking of
speaker ideas, let me know what you think.

Security Step 1 - what to do after you finish your linux install to 'lock
your box down'
 - Audit running processes
 - Audit startup scripts (basic overview of systemd)
 - netstat -anp | grep LISTEN
 - host-based firewall

Anything I'm missing? What other things do you all do from a security
perspective right after your initial install?

--
Adam Haeder
adam at adamhaeder.com

Check out my latest book: LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell from
O'Reilly: http://bit.ly/bvQQ0I