[olug] Laptop suggestions

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Mon Oct 23 08:01:08 CDT 2017

I'm starting to look at a new personal laptop to replace my aging MacBook
Pro (15" Mid-2010).

As evidenced by the age of this system, I like to keep my equipment for a
long time and I will pay a bit more for an expandable and reasonably
powerful system that I can upgrade over.  My hard top end for the budget is
$1800.

I've heard good things about the Dell 13 XPS, but for a bit of savings (and
throwing some support behind the Linux builders) I've also investigated the
System 76 "Galaga Pro".

Are there any other vendors/brands/models I've overlooked that I should
investigate?

Dan

--
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch,

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    (Who can watch the watchmen?)
    -- from the Satires of Juvenal

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them."
    -- Isaac Asimov (Author)