[olug] [OT] Eclipse

Ben Hollingsworth obiwan at jedi.com
Tue Aug 22 09:43:26 CDT 2017

We still had moderate clouds when we hit Aurora, so we continued to a
Walmart parking lot just into G.I.  Just a few wispy clouds, and nothing
that obscured our view.  We could see lots of clouds to the SE of us,
though.

There were a bunch of people there.  Like Jon, I was the only one with
binoculars or a telescope, so I shared both and answered questions for
people.  We got surprisingly good photos by holding a cell phone up to
an 8" Dobsonian, although most of what I shot was through my DSLR.

Photos and a video are here:
     https://goo.gl/photos/do7jhEb6couhfjYE8
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG6Jex_QSCo

--