[olug] [OT] Eclipse

Louis Dorland l.dorland at cox.net
Tue Aug 22 00:25:39 CDT 2017

We were on the center line just South of Table Rock. Heavy clouds interfered at the beginning and end of the partial phases. The rest of the time, light clouds did not cause any major problems.  It was hazy but we did get to see all of totality.  The corona was magnificent. Venus was very bright to the West. In the binoculars I saw Regulus and multiple gorgeous prominences.  During the partial phases I saw the moon cover and uncover multiple sun spots.  Well worth the effort.

Louis