[olug] apt-get performance issue

Noel Leistad noel at metc.net
Tue Mar 22 13:57:42 CDT 2016

To be less obfuscatory, my appliance is my mail server, some FOSS, some
"proprietary" stuff. Running a pair of Xeon 2.66Ghz CPUs, 16G RAM, total
of 8 cores.

I'm thinking it was plenty fast back in Oct/Nov when installed and went
live, then maybe in February, I noticed it went downhill.

I've tried removing the "3rd party" repository just to see if it was
related to the packages there, no difference perceived.

AND, the vendor confirms ~||+10 minutes "isn't right" but if it's "not
their fault" they have a not insignificant fee schedule for fixing MY
problems.

Thanks for the quick responses to all.