[olug] Splunk Alternative

Matt Goeres mgoeres at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:25:02 CDT 2015

I am running a setup like this for straight syslog. It doesn’t have any alerting capabilities but the search works great. I haven’t done much more if any than the article to parse out the logs but the search already works like a grep on a raw file anyways.

https://blog.linuxnet.ch/logserver-with-elasticsearch-logstash-rsyslog-kibana-on-ubuntu-14-04/