[olug] Tiny rack-mount chassis

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Sat Jan 11 07:02:41 UTC 2014

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I'm leaving town for the weekend, and won't have time to research your suggestions until Monday.  I'd like to keep this box under $500 if possible.  Given how easily the DL360 ran all of those services, keeping them all on a single new box should be easy to do.

Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth, www.Jedi.com
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® II

> Any suggestions on the hardware and/or case I should use for this? I'm
> usually shopping at the other end of the horsepower spectrum. There's got
> to be chassis out there that are way smaller than the standard rack-mount
> server, but can still run a standard linux distro with some redundancy.

Can you give us a rough idea of your budget for this project?  Also, how
firm is the requirement to run all services from a single device?  Would
you be willing to split some of the functionality?

I can think of a couple of different ways you could go, depending on
flexibility of requirements.

--
Christopher