[olug] FreeNAS or Linux ZFS SAN with NVMe PCIe3 drives

Justin Reiners justin at hotlinesinc.com
Wed Dec 31 22:40:29 CST 2014

I use FreeNAS as my production backup servers, and for the ZFS replication.
I can have off site backups, reliably. I run 24-64GB RAM depending on pool
size.

FreeNAS is a solid product, I run a fleet of boxes running on older Dell PE
R710s and a 2950 home media server.

I have had no issues with iSCSI or NFS shares either, and even ran quite a
few Storage repositories off of it in development.