[olug] advice picking distro for Mac users

Tim Larson larson at towncommons.com
Wed Nov 13 19:01:01 UTC 2013

On 11/13/2013 12:15 PM, Chad Homan wrote:
> I like the ubuntu references.  Although I've been play with some
> "lighter" distros a bit lately.  Nothin to report unfortunately. I
> did hear of a distro call pearOS.  It's suppose to be a MAC close.
> Might be a good place to start, or at least an honourable mention.
> BTW, for what it's worth, it's out of france: http://pearlinux.fr/

Well, it is apparently an Ubuntu derivative, so if it doesn't gel for
us, it should be easy to change to something else. (Since /home will be
a separate partition, it shouldn't be much pain anyway.) Some reviews of
Pear OS mentioned Elementary OS (another *buntu), which also looks like
a promising candidate.

Tim