[olug] Centos

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Wed May 22 16:13:28 UTC 2013

> If it is documented properly why would you ever need paid support?

Because my area of expertise may not be in the area where the problem
lies.  I'm good with Linux, but I don't know the intricacies of network
adapter incompatibilities (for example) because I don't deal with them
day in & day out.

When a mission-critial server has problems, being able to call an expert
and get the problem fixed in an hour is worth far more than the money
we save by having me drop everything else & spend a full day tracking
down the cause of the problem.

And, of course, I like to take vacations once in a while, and I want
those left behind to be able to solve problems in my absense.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com