[olug] Linux on internal drive

David Cannon medaveduh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 18:35:32 UTC 2013

I currently use a setup like this with an Ubuntu server running in VMWare
Workstation.  You can easily use Player.  I just setup OpenSSH on it and
move stuff with Winscp back and forth.  I use the save state feature of
Workstation at work but at home, I used player (it's free) so that once the
server was up I could just zip a copy of the whole thing to back it up.
 The whole thing running is less than a GB and the zipped copy is 516 MB.
 I did a copy with each change so I could roll back quickly.  Saved me some
headaches when I messed it up.

Be prepared for an apt-get error with LAMP if you use the TASKSEL option to
install it.  There is an aptitude update that was not automatically in
place last time I did a setup.
Dave