[olug] Linux on internal drive

Dan Staehr staehrmedia at neb.rr.com
Wed Mar 13 13:14:28 UTC 2013

Christopher and all,

I'm wondering if it is necessary to setup Linux and simply use XAMPP on
the drive to provide an Apache Server as well as MySQL and PHP.

I'm just wanting to build WordPress websites on a localhost then use
BackupBuddy to migrate the sites to the web host. I'm clueless when it
comes to virtualization, and don't have enough time to add that to my
"things to learn" right now.

The only reason for considering a Linux install is that the sites will
eventually reside on Linux servers so I thought that might be needed for
development. My work computer is running Windows 7.

Dan Staehr, President
Staehr Media Services
6117 NW 4th Street
Lincoln, NE 68521-3774