[olug] Programmable robot suggestions for kids (12yo and 7yo)

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Sun Dec 1 23:07:48 UTC 2013

My nerd son (now 13) has a Mindstorm NXT 2.0.  We enjoyed it, and even had a programming team for it.  The NXT 3 just came out, so I would have thought that the 2.0 would be cheaper now on the used market.  The GUI programming environment is reasonably intuitive (except for looping constructs).  I think he was 9 or 10 when he got it.  If your girls like Mech-E stuff in addition to CS, and if they enjoy building, then that may be a good option.

Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth, www.Jedi.com
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® II