No subject

Mon Aug 12 20:06:32 UTC 2013

and
cannot go and what happens to those files when you remove the associated
package.

Debian has a policy manual and a longer release cycle to reduce/eliminate
many
of these problems.  Debian enforces more of the standardization you are
after at
the cost of a longer release cycle.

>*shakes head*  I don't think you really understand the issues on the
>Windows platform.

I might not.  I admitted that I am not a Win32 developer.

>I can think of no situation in which "unit",
>interdependency or cross-application awareness has contributed
>to the many
>problems on a Windows system.  What causes those problems is
>*mostly* the

What do you consider the integration of Outlook, IE, and Office to be then?
It seems that is the vector of choice among today's script-kiddies.  Maybe
I'm using terminology I should not have been...but this is the type of
integration that I'm talking about.

>lack of versioning and a broken DLL system.  (And the single monolothic
>binary registry does provide a single point of failure that
>can trash the
>entire system, instead of a single app, though in all honesty
>I've never
>had this happen in 10+ years of use.)

Unfortunately, I have.  :(

rob