[olug] Roku vs Boxee

Steve Busby steve.busby at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 04:51:43 UTC 2012

I'm not going to post the complete thread, but here's the final email
I got from Cox.  I don't download any movies, just torrent feeds for
shows I could record OTA from the big three and Fox; unless I can
watch it via Hulu.

Dear Subscriber,

Thank you for your response. The unauthorized
distribution(file-sharing) of copyrighted content, such as music,
movies, TV shows and software, is not permitted, even if you purchased
or obtained the media from an authorized source.

http://www.respectcopyrights.org/

Many people are not aware that most file-sharing programs, such as
BitTorrent, place downloaded files into a 'shared' directory that will
allow others to access these files.  We understand that you were
likely unaware of this.  We recommend that users of peer-to-peer
networks disable the 'sharing' feature of their client to avoid
further complaints.  For additional help or instructions pertaining to
disabling the sharing feature, please consult the documentation for
your specific software package.  If the material listed has been
removed or access has been disabled, then you have done your part to
address this matter.  We appreciate your cooperation.

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Cox Customer Security

/Unquote