[olug] Printing issues and connecting for updates at openSuSE

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 07:38:19 UTC 2012

Haven't used OpenSuse in years but was jealous when I tried KDE on CentOS
recently.  Glibc is a dependency for about everything including YAST, most
likely.

Even though it is mostly outbound,could it be a firewall issue?
Iptstat
netstat -tunap | grep 631
Grep for 5353 as well BC cups uses that for multicast DNS.

Does etc resolv.conf have something goofy in it like domain opensuse.com?

If cups isn't already offering PDF as a printer, the cups-pdf package
(centos name) may help isolate whether cups or printer hardware.