[olug] Windows 8

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 21:38:36 UTC 2011

I would like to submit a piece of evidence: Sony rootkits. Assume that
it was not a white hat that discovered it. Assume that a black hat
discovered the rootkit and didn't tell anyone because they wanted to
take advantage of a security flaw in the rootkit. Thus, through a
signed driver, writes are performed to a supposedly secure media.

How about instead of this, we perform recovery from a WORM(Write Once
Read Many) media, like CD-ROM? It doesn't have to be optical, but
would something like this work?