[olug] Windows 8

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 21:27:23 UTC 2011

This partition, like the bootloader is sandboxed. The kernel forbids writing
to it.

And the bootloader prevents unsigned drivers from loading, which protects
the kernel. Honestly, between the two, you have a fairly secure system.
Windows is getting better. But that is why I'm not sure they really need
Secure UEFI boot given that a non-infected system can't write to the
bootloader.