[olug] Hackable Tablet for sale at woot.com-Today only

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Wed May 4 22:04:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 12:30 PM, George De Bruin <sndchaser at gmail.com> wrote:
> While the Nook Color is not an eInk display, the resolution and display
> quality are very good.  With a little adjusting, I have been able to read
> somewhere between 3-4 hours straight without a break, no fatigue or other
> issues.  OTOH - the one place it does fail: sunlight...just like in the
> Kindle ads. :)

This is where the Nook Color falls down, for me.  The color screens
are great for a little light reading and messing around (e-mail, web
browsing, etc), but when I'm doing dedicated reading, I can't manage
more than an hour on them before they start to bother me.

The eInk displays don't bother me at all, and I can go hours of
straight reading with a problem.

--
Christopher