[olug] Fwd: Hackable Tablet for sale at woot.com-Today only

George De Bruin sndchaser at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:52:32 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: George De Bruin <sndchaser at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, May 4, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [olug] Hackable Tablet for sale at woot.com-Today only
To: Jason N <dashrender at cox.net>

Yeah, I've heard the weight comparison before.  Personally, I don't find it
to be an issue...  Just like a book I set it in my lap or on a table, etc.
 I actually find it more difficult to hold a paperback book open with one
hand, than it is to hold the Nook.

The Nook Color is 15.8 ounces (just under 1lb), whereas the eDGe is
21.6ounces (1.35lbs).  So, if someone thinks the Nook Color is too heavy,
the eDGe would be worse...by over a quarter of a pound (5.6 ounces).

George

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Jason N <dashrender at cox.net> wrote:

> Agreed.. direct sunlight is the bane of any of these devices.  As for this
> new  dual screen unit (e-ink and color) I wonder how heavy it is.  My wife
> has a Kindle, after holding my nook color she tells me that she would
> dislike reading with it because it's much heavier than the Kindle.
>

> ---- George De Bruin <sndchaser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Aric,
>
> While the Nook Color is not an eInk display, the resolution and display
> quality are very good.  With a little adjusting, I have been able to read
> somewhere between 3-4 hours straight without a break, no fatigue or other
> issues.  OTOH - the one place it does fail: sunlight...just like in the
> Kindle ads. :)
>
> George
>
> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 11:59 AM, <aric at omahax.com> wrote:
>
> > I assume the nook color isn't an eInk like display so in theory it would
> > be inferior for reading than the original nook.
> >
> > > My guess, I think many like the included eInk display so they can read
> in
> > > any light.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more of
> > it
> > > have."  -- Thomas Jefferson

> ---
> Faster moments spent spread tales of change within the sound...

---