[olug] Video output plug question and other questions

Sam Tetherow tetherow at shwisp.net
Thu Jun 16 03:25:26 UTC 2011

Does the onboard chip have a heat sink on it?  You might be able to
place a small vidchip fan on it to help cool it, but that may only be a
stopgap if the heat sink isn't keeping up the overheating may be
symptomatic of another issue.

I have seen the vid cables without the spade pins in the mac world.
Have you looked up the vid card online?  I think I have a dual head
adapter cable that looks like a dvi cable without spade bits splitting
into two dvi ends.