[olug] Very general question....

SndChaser sndchaser at cerebralrift.org
Fri Dec 16 19:33:38 UTC 2011

Well, that's what I am digging into, trying to understand a bit more...

Funny enough, one of the articles I am reading that compares MythTV and
XBMC in Linux Journal (http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10713) has a
link to an article (unfortuantely outdated) by a slightly familiar
author:
http://adamhaeder.com/wordpress/2010/01/19/how-to-configure-xbmc-as-a-mythtv-frontend/

It sounds like there are scripts and tools for integrating MythTV
backends into XBMC, but they have been around for a while, and I don't
know what the current status is (yet)...I'm still digging.

The guide that I did find
(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=99826) for using Couch Potato
and Sick Beard looks like a good alternative if you don't want to use
MythTV.

George