[olug] streaming media

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Wed Dec 7 14:43:01 UTC 2011

> I have been asked to find a new way to stream a church service online.
> The church has been running everything microsoft, users that use Firefox
> or Chrome can't see the service they have to used Internet Exploder....
> Anyone have any ideas for software to use for streaming the catch is
> they need to keep their windows server. network admin is a newbie to linux.

I can't help with the software, but if the church is streaming the
entire worship service, they should check into the legal ramifications
of broadcasting contemporary songs, which are all copyrighted.  I know
our church (Lincoln Berean) had to avoid doing that because of licensing
issues.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com