[olug] Basic cheap local hosting?

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Mon Dec 5 18:16:42 UTC 2011

I'll third the use of your own server over a DSL line, ditching Cox
and their annoying port blocking.  Internet Nebraska offers a variety
of DSL options in the Qwest area:
	http://www.inebraska.com/dsl/

I've been running my own servers at home with a static IP for about
ten years.  The flexibility is great, even if the upstream bandwidth
isn't.  I still run my high-traffic web sites elsewhere (the largest
of which is on IN's own web serer), but I can do all of my tinkering
and low-volume stuff at home.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com