[olug] [OT]: Researcher’s Video Shows Secret Software on Millions of Phones Logging Everything

SndChaser sndchaser at cerebralrift.org
Fri Dec 2 16:33:24 UTC 2011

Don't think that's likely to happen, unless Google decides to pull
the whole development toolkit out of GPL. I think that would cause a LOT
of furor and negative publicity that Google wouldn't want.

Of course,
there are carriers that are already making some very annoying decisions
for us. (The Droid Razr still has a locked boot loader... Motorola
offered the option of locking or unlocking the boot loader -- Verizon
decided to ship with a locked boot loader...)

George

SndChaser wrote:

>> IMO - the best way to be certain that it is not
there would be to watch
>> the messages over the USB bus using debug as
Trevor does in his video.

> How long until Google/carriers disable
or restrict this method of debugging?

> I'm not an Android
programmer, so maybe this is not currently feasible?

--
We
need to heed the words of the Dalai Lama,