[olug] OT: Laptop display repair

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Tue Aug 30 15:56:31 UTC 2011

I second the tape option, but I use post-it notes turned upside down.  They
hold things quite well, plus there's a convenient writing area if you make
notes about where exactly the screw came from (i.e. "longer screw came from
left hinge", etc).

I have a desktop 24" LCD (Samsung SyncMaster 245bw) that's starting to
flicker and not turn on as quickly so I suspect the bulb/powersupply is
dying.  Did you purchase your backlight from Dell, or was it from a generic
seller on the Internet?

Dan