[olug] OT: Laptop display repair

Hurley, Rod RHurley at TENASKA.com
Tue Aug 30 15:35:00 UTC 2011

Tape down two ends of a face up piece of duct tape and stick the screws on it as you take them out.  Also makes it easier to grab them again when you need them.   If for any reason you have to relocate, just grab the tape and go.  Tip#1.  Do not lay your gorilla arms on the tape while working on the laptop.

Haven't lost a screw yet.  Ok, Craig.  The door is now open for your comments.  :o)

Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: olug-bounces at olug.org [mailto:olug-bounces at olug.org] On Behalf Of jay swackhamer
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:31 AM
To: staehrmedia at neb.rr.com; Omaha Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [olug] OT: Laptop display repair

I've done it in one try on several laptops, some have had a power module that really needs to be replaced instead of the backlight, and I've also replaced four in one laptop, it's like they attract any and all items that may damage, one small/wrong move and 'tink'....roll off the counter....don't let them out of your sight for a second.....replacing the whole screen looks more attractive after you break the second one........the third tests your resolve, after the forth, your spirit may be broken........