[olug] Nagios or ?

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:42:50 UTC 2011

There are a lot of factors in deciding on a monitoring solution.

Are a Linux or Microsoft shop only? Are you multi-platform?

Do you want quick and dirty auto-detection? Do you need the ability to write
custom scripts? Do you want alerts to spam you until they're resolved, or do
you want a single notification? Do you need network monitoring as well as
server monitoring?