[olug] Computer Security Policy

Jason Zeisler superztnt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 03:02:42 UTC 2010

I am currently taking a Unix class and this week we have to do a small 4-5
page paper on corporate security policies. We are supposed to do a brief
description of the policy and the corporation which it belongs, then we need
to do an analysis of the policy looking for strengths and areas of
improvement. So again I look to a community of experts for wisdom and
insight.
- Have you seen security policies work to keep information and the networks
of your employer safe?
- What is needed in a security policy to make it strong and thorough?
- Do you have any examples of a security policy being effective and
ineffective?
- Does anyone have a public security policy that I could analyze for my
paper?

Any input, discussion, and thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason Z.