[olug] Asterisk and looking for SIP provider suggestions.

Curtis LaMasters curtislamasters at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 17:37:34 UTC 2010

I have used Google voice from Freeswitch on my pfSense box through Gizmo's
SIP connection.  Worked well for incoming calls but outbound calls were
50/50 whether they were going to be from my Google Voice account or my Gizmo
account. Since Gizmo was purchased by Google, I thought it would have been
an easy config, but seems there are some issues.  I didn't mess around with
it much and have since migrated to making calls from just my computer with a
Polycom IP communicator (speakerphone) with Google Chat/Voice.

I have used Teliax (Very solid) and one of the guys I used to work uses
AxVoice.  One of the blogs I follow recommends OnSIP.

Curtis LaMasters
http://www.curtis-lamasters.com
http://www.builtnetworks.com