[olug] Asterisk and looking for SIP provider suggestions.

Jon Larsen relayer at levania.org
Tue Nov 23 19:18:28 UTC 2010

>From what I've read, if you had a Gizmo5 account, you could use Google
Voice with SIP.  Since Gizmo5 was bought by Google, there is no way to
create a Gizmo5 account and is not providing SIP services at this time.

I don't think you missed anything.

Jon L.

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, Brian Roberson wrote:

> Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:28:55 -0600
> From: Brian Roberson <roberson at olug.org>
> To: Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
> Subject: Re: [olug] Asterisk and looking for SIP provider suggestions.
>
> I've heard google was going to permit SIP at sometime with gvoice - did I
> miss something? I wasnt aware this was possible (yet)
>

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Kevin <sharpestmarble at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why don't you like Google? Do you have any experience with Google Voice
> > yourself, or are you basing your opinion of them on what others had to say?
> > Have you had reliability, continuity, or stability problems?

> > have
> > the
> > asterisk
> > >
> > > Teliax isn't the cheapest, but they've lasted longer than most other
> > > providers, so should be reliable for an inbound number.
> > >
> > > If you don't mind dealing with Google's incompetence, you can use Google
> > > Voice
> > > via SIP.

Jon H. Larsen  - relayer -at- levania -dot- org
Blog - http://levania.org/relayer/
VP of Community Development, Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/
AnimeSunday.org - http://www.animesunday.org/