[olug] Infotec 2011 call for presentations

Adam Haeder adam at adamhaeder.com
Fri Nov 19 16:07:39 UTC 2010

I'm helping to head up the Infrastructure track for Infotec 2011. One of the
ideas we have for a 45 minute session is a 'lightning talk' format on open
source software in the enterprise. Ideally, we'd like to see 2 or 3 short
presentations by companies that have implemented a specific piece of open
source software, why they did it, how they did it, pros/cons, etc. The focus
of this Infotec is 'the business of technology', so we're really looking for
concrete examples/case studies. If you have some ideas or would like to
present, please submit your idea at
http://www.infotec.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=58

We also have a few other slots left open in the infrastructure track, so if
you'd like to speak, let me know. Some of our topic ideas:
VoIP - particularly things like case studies, bandwidth monitoring, lessons
learned, etc. Not just "this is what Voip is", etc
IPv6 - I know we're running out of v4 addresses, but what other reasons do I
have to switch? How do I do it? What does a small to medium sized company
need to know about this?
Bandwidth monitoring in the cloud - now that we're moving all these services
to the cloud, how do I do capacity planning? What tools exist to help me
figure this out? What best practices are out there? Again, we want more than
just "tcpdump is your friend". We're looking for actual use cases

Thanks

--
Adam Haeder
adam at adamhaeder.com

Check out my latest book: LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell from
O'Reilly: http://bit.ly/bvQQ0I