[olug] kde desktop

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:27:27 UTC 2010

I believe the simplest solution is to boot to runlevel 3, and then run this:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm

If you have a seperate home partition, you can always just wipe the root
partition and do a clean install of the latest release, which is 10.10

Each release is numbered by the year, and then the month it is released.

If you want to check out KDE, I recommend using a Live CD so you don't want
to worry about messing with your install. Ubuntu isn't known for putting out
good KDE packages, as they are a Gnome-centric distro. If you want to try it
out, I recommend taking a look at openSUSE.

You can get a Live CD with the latest KDE desktop here:

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.4-Milestone3/iso/

-- T. J.