[olug] Cox Business Pricing

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 19:30:42 UTC 2010

For "business" pricing with a static ip address, that isn't bad. What
were the upload speeds?

When you do a bandwidth test with Cox, you usually trigger the
"PowerBoost" and they temporarily allow up to 20 meg a second, which
is why your current test scores as so high. I'd have to assume you'd
get the "PowerBoost" with the business version as well.

As for tech support, my internet was flaky for MONTHS. I kept calling
Cox to complain. I'd tell the automated system I didn't want to go
through their automated help, and it would make me walk through a 20
minute process before allowing me to speak to someone who kept
insisting that I needed to defrag, and the internet connection
couldn't possibly be slow. After months of complaining they finally
agreed to send a tech, who noticed the line going into my house was in
fact bad.

Support suddenly becomes more important when you need it.

-- T. J.